OK Innovator Cultural folk, time to wake up!
Blog post here for you all to check out.
The IT department is planning on rolling out a meeting software product called Live Meeting.
We have an opportunity to pilot test this software if you want to do this and see what it can do. If we give IT the people wanting to pilot it they will let us have it to try out and we can then give our findings and thoughts back to IT for their info as well as find out how this new system might help the City be more efficient.
The software can support video feeds and voice over Internet options but they would only supply the software without headsets or web cams at this time. If we want to be bold we could investigate to see if some innovator holder of money (read Jim Elliott) would want to sponsor some web cams for a pilot.
All right, this is an example of where we can put our Innovative money where our mouth is.
Let me know your thoughts on this by email, phone call or blog post if you want to be a part of this experiment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Below is a note from IT's Bob Fries who will help us Pilot Live meeting.
Hi Rob,
As I mentioned, we have access to use Live Meeting now in an evaluation capacity. Within the next few months, we'll have this service available city-wide. Below is a link to Microsoft's Live meeting page. A good place to start would be taking the tour. Once you know whom you'd like to work with this tool, let me know and we'll get you connected.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/livemeeting/FX101729061033.aspx
Bob
So check out the link and see what you think.
I would love to try out the software. I always feel guilty driving around to meetings. I think software that can long distance allow meetings will be used more and more in the future. Why not start now.
Amy
I'd like to try it as well. Not only is it innovative, but there's a "green" quality to it as well.
Welcome to the Blog Fiona :)
I will add your name to the Live Meeting list as we await IT's installation of the software.
R
Post a Comment